As I write this note, I am filled with enormous gratitude to everyone who was able to join us, and to those of you who expressed your support, in celebration of the 5-year anniversary of Five Wellbeing! The outpouring of support at our open house was the best gift I could have received and affirmed to me that we are providing services that are valued by you. We continually look to develop new treatments to help nurture your wellbeing, and I always appreciate hearing your thoughts and ideas.
Moving into late summer, we are reminded by the Earth element about the importance of taking the time to nurture ourselves and others. This element brings all things together to ground, support, and bring harmony to life. We feel so fortunate to be reminded of this togetherness through the wonderful community that surrounds us and shares in our passion of making wellbeing a priority.
In our fast-paced world, it is important to remember how comforting and sustaining it is to take the time for self-care. Here are some ways that I have found to be beneficial in nurturing yourself and others:
- Rituals – Studies show creating daily rituals provides structure, which reduces stress and anxiety.
- Relationships – The people around us influence our state of wellbeing. Recognize, appreciate, and nurture the supportive relationships you have in your life.
- Learn – Nurture your brain by keep your mind engaged – whether it’s by getting lost in a good book or learning something new.
- Volunteer – Discover the selflessness of helping others and the gratification received performing an act of kindness.
- Movement – Leave your phone at home and go for a 20-minute walk. You will be surprised by the benefits a quick walk has on your wellbeing.
I hope these ideas will help you to make nurturing yourself and others a top priority this month and in the months to come. Thank you again for letting us be a part of your wellness journey. I wish you a wonderful September and look forward to seeing you very soon!