Super-Hydrating & Berry Filling
Staying hydrated can be one of the most challenging aspects of living an active lifestyle in Colorado or any high desert climate. Even though you chug water all day long, you can still be left feeling worn out, low on energy, and sluggish by day’s end. Boosting nutrients like electrolytes, antioxidants, and fatty acids can help your system better absorb and utilize the water. That’s how this easy to make smoothie can help you stay hydrated – and it is tasty too.
Coconut water adds more taste than traditional water without adding a lot of calories; additionally, it adds vitamin C, manganese, and potassium.
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1 cup of frozen berries
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup fresh seedless watermelon
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla-flavored yogurt
- Place any liquid ingredients into the bottom of the blender first, followed by the fresh ingredients.
- Place the frozen ingredients into the blender last.
- Secure the top of the blender, then blend at a slow speed for thirty seconds.
- Increase to high speed and blend for two more minutes.
- If the smoothie ends up being too thick or chunky to blend easily, try adding 1 or 2 tablespoons of water or coconut water, then blend again.
This smoothie gives you an extra dose of fruits and veggies while providing a tasty way to stay hydrated. Watermelon, spinach, and berries are made up of about 90% water.